MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit and saving changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I noticed if chose "Quick Edit", make some edits and decide to go into "Full Edit" without click save all your edits get erased. Is there a way to make it so all the edits you made in quick edit will get transfered to advanced edit? I want to make a plugin that relates to this but unsure as to how this would work.
Impossible (at least not easily). That doesn't even make much sense.

When using Quick Edit, your edits only take effect when you click the Save Changes button. If your computer was hit by a lightning before clicking the Save Changes button, no edits would take effect. They're not saved in real time.

If you're editing a post in Quick Edit and then switch to Full Edit, it's just like cancelling the edit. The Save Changes button is what does the magic. If you don't click it, nothing will happen. And that's about it.

The solution? Click Save Changes before going into Full Edit. Smile
(2011-05-29, 04:03 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Impossible (at least not easily). That doesn't even make much sense.

When using Quick Edit, your edits only take effect when you click the Save Changes button. If your computer was hit by a lightning before clicking the Save Changes button, no edits would take effect. They're not saved in real time.

If you're editing a post in Quick Edit and then switch to Full Edit, it's just like cancelling the edit. The Save Changes button is what does the magic. If you don't click it, nothing will happen. And that's about it.

The solution? Click Save Changes before going into Full Edit. Smile
Well it's possible in VB, on VB you click quick edit and decide to go into full edit the edits would be saved and you could continue to edit the post.

I'm not familiar with vBulletin, where can I test that?

But now that I think of it, there is something you can do. Next to the Save Changes and the Cancel Edit buttons, you could add a new button called Switch to Full Edit which would save the edits and afterwards redirect to the Full Edit page.

Anything else requires some pretty deep changes to the MyBB core.
(2011-05-29, 04:09 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not familiar with vBulletin, where can I test that?

But now that I think of it, there is something you can do. Next to the Save Changes and the Cancel Edit buttons, you could add a new button called Switch to Full Edit which would save the edits and afterwards redirect to the Full Edit page.

Anything else requires some pretty deep changes to the MyBB core.
Adding that button is what I planed. Wink How would I make it save edits then switch to full edit? As for the VB site to test this, go here.

http://www.wizard101central.com
Only VB site I go on(Lately), make a thread and try it.

Its actually possible with a plugin or core edits. But I think you've to do a lot of codings for this to looks like the same.
Coincidentally I wrote this quickly yesterday as I got annoyed at having to copy and paste my post to go to the full reply/edit... it's quite easy one you figure out the javascript. I'll upload it to the Mods site later so you can see how I did it.

Edit: This is how I did it http://mods.mybb.com/view/go-to-full-reply-edit Don't know if there's a better way of doing it or not.
(2011-05-29, 08:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Coincidentally I wrote this quickly yesterday as I got annoyed at having to copy and paste my post to go to the full reply/edit... it's quite easy one you figure out the javascript. I'll upload it to the Mods site later so you can see how I did it.

Edit: This is how I did it http://mods.mybb.com/view/go-to-full-reply-edit Don't know if there's a better way of doing it or not.
Very nice. Toungue That was the exact plugin i was making.