MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's online - showing guests logging in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people! I apology if this problem has been already posted on this forum but I didn't find it anywhere.

Each time I go to Who's online list of my forum I notice there is always at least 3-4(sometimes 10+) guests trying to log in and so on constantly for hours. To be the worst, when I check their IP adress it clearly shows that they are all listed on stopforumspam site.
Actually I don't remember when was the last time that the list was clean without those spam-bots/whatever that are constantly trying to log in.

Am I just simply being a total newbie yet again Smile And should I know that such thing is normal since spam bots are always trying to hack/register to various forums?
Or is this actually a valid issue?

I didn't notice a lot of people logging in to this forum at this moment, even though its incomparably bigger than my forum(48 members), and probably those few who are logging are just a regular people trying to log in Big Grin

Any help would be appreciated! Smile
I think you're just being a little overly concerned. I get the same thing on my forums.

Also, I just went through the Who's Online pages here and out of 120 users online it showed 18 registering or lgging in.

And on my forum, Google has basically taken up a permanent residence. Smile
Thank you for the reply mark-in-dallas!

Look, you have 120 users online(that's btw sick! I wish I'll achieve that someday too Big Grin)...but I get barely 2-4 registered users online simultaneously.

For example right now I have 9 of those logging-in bots standing there for quite some time and all of their ip adresses are listed on stopforumspam Sad, just 2 members online including myself, 1 real person guest viewing the board...and yeah one google Big Grin
Isn't that a bit awkward!?

You can check it too if you want, my site is written in my profile(no spam, advertizing meant Big Grin just if you want to see it for yourself)
You're welcome VEGETA_DTX.

myBB is not my site though, and yes I'd love to have 120 usrs online too. But, remember myBB has been around for 9 years now, and have had that long to build up a user base.

I've had my main forum up for a little under 2 years now and am averaging around 20 - 25 users online during the day and evening, and just broke the 6000 uniqure visitors mark for the month.

It takes time to build a community, unless somehow you werre to luck into coming up with some wicked sick niche that were to go viral. And by the way, if you know of any I'm open to ideas. Big Grin
Hahaha I didn't understand you well, I thought you were talking about some of your forums not about this one.
Well 20 - 25 is great too! Smile

Yes I understand that it takes time and effort and I am ready to devote myself to it as I definitely believe in the idea and the vision that stand behind my forum...but hey time will tell if it was good enough or not, this is the very beginning for me.
I am very ambitious yet very aware that chances of failing are incomparably greater than chances for success :/

As for these stupid bot guests, they are still there...8 of them, all of them listed on stopforumspam yet again Sad Its not like it bothers me that much, its just that I want to know if that is happening to other forums on myBB or just to me? hence should I worry or not.
Try disabling all the plugins and the check if this happens
Thanks for advice Smile I will try it.

EDIT: Just did it, deactivated all plugins, refreshed the page few times waited for 2 minutes...still the same... Sad
EDIT2: Hmmm I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I disabled and enabled all the plugins but today their number and presence is significantly decreased...most of the day just 1-2 spam-bots trying to log in.
EDIT3: nope, they're back Sad