MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get past MyBB 1.6 Database Configuration...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I enter in all the correct information for the MySQL Database...

However, I get this message:

Quote:Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql17.000webhost.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

However, the information is correct, I've tried half a dozen times already.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.3 on both MySQL Databases...
Its because the server of 000webhost is down, your site is unable to connect to them. So its host issue, you've to contact them to resolve.
(2011-05-31, 06:40 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Its because the server of 000webhost is down, your site is unable to connect to them. So its host issue, you've to contact them to resolve.

Well, my forum hosted there loads just fine:

http://chrisblog.comule.com/Forum2/index.php

Update:

According to 000webhost, they sent this reply to me...

Quote:We are migrating to another data-center so you may face slight issues within another 24 hours.

So, I'll give it another go after 24 hours have past... and see if it works then...
Let us know if you could, thanks.
(2011-06-02, 04:37 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Let us know if you could, thanks.

I've still been unable to...

It's been at least 24 hours, as before, I'm still trying to use the MyBB Merge System, to merge the MySQL database that is used for my MyBB forum hosted on 000webhost.com to another forum, also MyBB... however, I can't get past the 'MyBB 1.6 Database Configuration' page during the merge, I enter the MySQL information exactly, but after about a minute or so, it loads, and says

"Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql17.000webhost.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion."

However, I have entered my information correctly...

I will occasionally get this message instead in Chrome:

"Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."
There server is still down. I'll advice to move your website to another good host.
Contact your host and go over this with them. Also make sure you're inputting the server details of the forum you want merged, not the one you want to keep.
I am, I just got a reply, they said:

Quote:Hello,

Unfortunately only Premium accounts can use remote MySQL connections.
Please note that you can always upgrade your account to premium here: http://www.000webhost.com/upgrade

Thank You,
Helpdesk Staff
www.000webhost.com

Well, I'm inputting the MySQL information for the one hosted on 000webhost, to be merged into a forum hosted on another web host.
I would advice, instead of wasting your money with 000webhots, try dreamhost.
(2011-06-02, 04:27 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I would advice, instead of wasting your money with 000webhots, try dreamhost.

Well, I still have to figure out how to get my stuff transfered/merged...
Pages: 1 2