MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Javascript hover and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, this is a Xenforo to MyBB feature thread. You know how Xenforo, when inside a forum viewing topics, when you hover over a topic, a nice hover popup appears? That is perhaps one of the most Web 2.0 features I have ever seen on a forum. It looks very professional, easy to read, and still SEO friendly.
Another cool thing would be the HTML5 Breadcrumbs for the MyBB. Google already reads them and it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement.
How about making all of MyBB tableless and lots of HTML5 tags?
Those are more of my 2 cents (i'm running out of pennies).
Some interesting thoughts there. I'll lend you 2 more pennies if ya' need 'em Toungue
It has just bugged me that EVERY OTHER forum software doesn't have this. I can't stand waiting for the browser to display the hover only for it to disappear.
I figured out what you mean (I went to XenForo forum)...It's a great feature and I would love to see that in MyBB at some point!
This is already possible through theming(I've seen combus do it on one of his themes). Personally it's annoying as hell.

And, I doubt HTML 5 will be standard in MyBB(or most scripts for that matter) until it's finalized and supported by browsers that the majority of the internet uses). But, again already available through theming.
How? Can I add this to a theme?
Ah I might try to develop my own theme!
The first thing is available as a plugin by Yumi.

The second (HTML5), well, that's a big job. We've been told version 2.0 will have a table-less design, though HTML 5 usage has not yet been comfirmed. If you want the microdata breadcrumbs though, you can add them yourself.
(2011-05-31, 05:29 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing is available as a plugin by Yumi.

The second (HTML5), well, that's a big job. We've been told version 2.0 will have a table-less design, though HTML 5 usage has not yet been comfirmed. If you want the microdata breadcrumbs though, you can add them yourself.

Well it won't be strictly HTML5, I mean Xenforo works on most legacy browsers, it just added the HTML5 Layer on top because it is A) EXTREMELY SEO friendly and B) is modern and future-proof.

All the newest browsers support HTML5 and it is standardized. It is just that most people are still XPers or will not upgrade their web browser (they make web design difficult).
HTML5 won't work in older IE and to get them to work you need javascript. So if javascript is disabled it won't matter.

And, show me how HTML5 is more SEO friendly? Technically any HTML4 strict template will be html5 compliant. And, can there be an HTLM5 strict when HTML5 hasn't been set as a standard yet?
(2011-05-31, 05:44 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]And, show me how HTML5 is more SEO friendly?

Which is easier to for a search engine to figure out:
<header>
<nav>
<menu>
<section>
<footer>

or:
<div class="siteSpecificHeaderClass">
<div class="siteSpecificNavClass">
<div class="siteSpecificMenuClass">
<div class="siteSpecificContentClass">
<div class="siteSpecificFooterClass">