MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean, MediaWiki is a real headache (for me at least), I find it so unflexible, difficult to install, configure, everything is kinda too open to edition from anywhere.
But I understood the idea =) thanks guys.

PS: Is there any other good (simple!) wiki script you know?
(2009-02-05, 03:36 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The functionality is exactly the same as mediawiki because it is mediawiki. I don't see how it is easier :p
It's more organizedToungue
(2009-02-05, 08:46 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this was a new thread... necroposting = hate Sad

I don't wish to sound funny, but what's your problem with this post thread? It states "Discuss: MyBB Wiki", and that's what has been done, there's no time limit to any discussions. The fact that the posts are "far between" have nothing to do with anything....If it was that big of a deal, why wasn't the post thread closed before.
Probably because it's almost 3 years old..
Okay, and again not wanting to sound funny, but what difference does that make? The forum thread is to discuss MyBB Wiki and that is what is being done, it doesn't matter how old the post is, if it did, wouldn't it have been closed before now with someone with authority saying "this post thread is now closed"?
(2009-02-06, 03:08 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]wouldn't it have been closed before now with someone with authority saying "this post thread is now closed"?

No, we have better things to do then waste our time closing every thread that "might" receive a reply 3 years later. Sometimes common sense rules over work involved so you don't have to think.
I like the feature set of mediawiki esp with the categories and templates, but yes it is a bulky piece of software imho. I haven't really found a suitable replacement for my own wiki which uses the same formatting tags ...

Take a look at www.wikimatrix.org to compare other wiki software.
^^^
Moodle's default Wiki is my favorite, and comes with a full WYSIWYG editor.
Too bad it won't work outside of Moodle.
Pages: 1 2