MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi i see there is an update. You are currently running MyBB 1.6.2 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.3 (1603). whet i wanted to is can we update our forum without it putting it back to stardard as we have made a few changes ?
Disable all the plugins, Then upgrade.
Re-enable the plugins.

[Take a backup-just in case]
Hi thanks for the replies do i need to upload all the files or is there a file i can download with just the updates on ?
You can find the changed files download link here:
http://blog.mybb.com/2011/04/17/mybb-1-6...ty-update/
(2011-05-31, 02:21 PM)cornishhosting Wrote: [ -> ]Hi thanks for the replies do i need to upload all the files or is there a file i can download with just the updates on ?

Replace the changed files, that will do Smile
Patch for 1.6.2
Hi thanks downloaded all the files do i replace all these ? as my style sheet as been changed and dont want to mess it up? sorry for all the questions
keep a backup of your files, just replace them.
If you think something has changed, you can always revert, also, i don't think the security update deals with style changes, anyways, you wouldn't loose anything if you have a backup and you do the upgrade!
Thanks will give it a go and let you know how i get on Smile
Sure thing, go ahead ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3