MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another google SEO thread - keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really sorry for opening another thread with this subject but i need a bit of help with google SEO.
I installed the plugin as per instruction and i added my site to webmaster tools but after 8 months my keywords are still bad and not reflecting my forum, see the attachment below
[attachment=22953]

Can anybody point what i did wrong or what should i do now

link: www.hondatalk.ro

Thanks
Julian
Google SEO does not actually insert the meta keywords tag as it's useless. Google therefore gets it's keywords from the most common words and phrases found in the content and pages of your site. If you want Google to find different keywords, you'll need to focus the content.
I know that we are a small community and we don't have alot of content now but still we cannot write documents without using normal words e.g. "this" why is not google ignoring that?
For a site that is mainly a forum, it is quite normal and unavoidable to have forum related terms showing up in that list, simply because they occur so often. It's the same for me, my number #2 keyword is "quote", which is also the number #12 not sure why it has the same keyword twice lol. Smile Other keywords are quote, post, forum, user, ... that's just how it is for forums.

However the topic related keywords are in there as well, as they are for you; so I don't think this is much to worry about. You should worry more about content really, 200 threads just is not all that much. If your forum is the only Honda related forum in your native language you could do some advertizing, even offline advertizing like in a newspaper or sth.

The "this" keyword may be coming from "Register or login to remove this advertisement." which appears twice on every single page, in bold text even; maybe you shouldn't make this message appear in bold or maybe it shouldn't appear at all, or maybe it shouldn't be in English since your forum is not an English language forum.
Thanks for you reply frostschutz. Those keywords are there after i setup google SEO and the webmaster tools.
I only added this "Register or login to remove this advertisement." message yesterday and it wasn't there before. I know i need to work on the content but i was very busy lately so no time really. Also i added the google boot to the members group so it can see all the thread and forums.
I'm not the only Honda or car forum in my country but i don't want to compete with them, i just want to help the Honda community with advises, parts and so on.

Thanks again
J
May i know how did you keep track this keywords? on your google webmaster?
Anyway why not just install google seo plugin?.
The google SEO plugin is installed on the forum and is the plugin that picked up those keywords