MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massive server overload plus crashing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Friends... Ok this one is a beauty...

The first sign of trouble was a notice from my hosting company advising that our server load had gone nuts... we had been cruising at a comfortable .35 to .72 and it had gone up to 2.6 to 5.0... I checked everything on my site and stripped out anything that wasnt used and no difference. Currently running at 1.99...

secondly after this began, any change in the ACP and the theme vanishes and if unfortunate enough to be logged out, you wont get back in. Try logging in and it will say member.php not found, if you try and get into the forum from the portal it will say file not found in reference to index.php same with acp... File not found. When this occurs a reload of the inc folder and all its contents will get the forum running again which gets eal annoying when you do it 20 times a day...

any suggestions / assistance will be greatly appreciated...

Heres the details

Http://thedarkrealmz.com

Plugins listed
News Message 1.2 - Not Active
Akismet - Not installed or active
EzIrc - Not installed or active
Default Profile - Not Active
Usergroup Legend by DoubleOrange 13 - v2.0 -Active
IP Manage -Not Active
Login Password conversion - active
My Shoutbox - Active
Overview - Active
Patches - Active
Plugin Library - Not installed or active
Portal Redirect - Not Active
Quacktacular Themes - Not Active
Style Usernames - Active
Tinypic Uploader - Active...

Thanks in advance friends
De-activate MyShoutbox and see if it helps with the load. I have no idea about the 404s though.
(2011-06-01, 04:40 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]De-activate MyShoutbox and see if it helps with the load. I have no idea about the 404s though.

Something interesting... Been running the BlackEvo4-nature theme and this morning out of desperation, changed to the Black Times theme... server load has dropped from above 2 constantly down to 1.05 - 1.5...

The shoutbox madean overall difference even when in use of .10 to the load...

Thoughts please?

That's very odd that the theme should have an effect at all. The themes shouldn't affect load at all unless they're serving an extremely large amount of images/other static files.

I thought the shoutbox might be an issue, but obviously not. As you get more users using it, it'll certainly use up more resources though.
it hit a load of 5.0 with only 20 people online
Are you running on shared hosting? If so, the load average is not only calculated for your website but for the whole server (= all websites running on it). It can be that another website running on the same server is causing this high server load.
will check it out. my hosting is usually pretty solid an as said never hit above .83 before... thanks
A theme won't have anything to do with the load, it's just displaying different CSS. If your host is removing files there's not much we can do about it, but it's not really something they should be doing.
it is your host LOAD!
not your forum.

wanna prove it?
revert your theme to default, and see