MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yes, allow [img] code in posts (requires MyCode to be turned on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum where I allow Guests to post in and would like to restrict them from being able to use the [img] tag so I found this little 'Yes, allow [img] code in posts (requires MyCode to be turned on)' option in the forum edit area.

I removed the checkmark from that option and saved then tested it by logging out and posting as a guest. I can still use the [img] tags no problem and the image shows up.

Is there any other way in which to restrict this for guests?

Thanks!
You could restirct the entire user group from using IMG tags..
(2011-06-01, 02:38 AM)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]You could restirct the entire user group from using IMG tags..

And how would I do that? I've done looked through permissions and all that for the Guest group and see nothing remotely similar to [img] tag usage at all.
(2011-06-01, 05:13 AM)airborne Wrote: [ -> ]just install this plugin
http://mods.mybb.com/view/extra-forum-permissions

Thanks, but that doesn't work. I installed it according to the install.txt, took the checkmarks out of allow the usage of [img] and I'm able to post images like it ain't no problem at all.
(2011-06-01, 05:37 PM)xomp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but that doesn't work. I installed it according to the install.txt, took the checkmarks out of allow the usage of [img] and I'm able to post images like it ain't no problem at all.

Where did you uncheck them? You can do it globally for each usergroup (ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > (edit usergroup) > Extra tab. And for each forum, which overwrites the global settings. Does the forum you are posting on already have Custom Permissions for the usergroup? Check if the checkboxes are unchecked at the Custom permissions.

If you can't sort it out, I can take a look for you. Just PM me your ACP logins.
(2011-06-01, 05:42 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-01, 05:37 PM)xomp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but that doesn't work. I installed it according to the install.txt, took the checkmarks out of allow the usage of [img] and I'm able to post images like it ain't no problem at all.

Where did you uncheck them? You can do it globally for each usergroup (ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > (edit usergroup) > Extra tab. And for each forum, which overwrites the global settings. Does the forum you are posting on already have Custom Permissions for the usergroup? Check if the checkboxes are unchecked at the Custom permissions.

If you can't sort it out, I can take a look for you. Just PM me your ACP logins.

I've tried it in every which way possible to be honest. I've tried it at the Forum level, at the usergroup level you name it. It's almost as if the options are just there for show and not much else since I can post an image as a guest and it shows up just fine. It does however show up as "[image]" when I'm a Guest so maybe I can see the image since I'm the admin? I don't know :\
(2011-06-01, 09:18 PM)xomp Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried it in every which way possible to be honest. I've tried it at the Forum level, at the usergroup level you name it. It's almost as if the options are just there for show and not much else since I can post an image as a guest and it shows up just fine. It does however show up as "[image]" when I'm a Guest so maybe I can see the image since I'm the admin? I don't know :\

Can you PM me your ACP logins? I can take a look at the settings.
I can't reproduce the problem you are describing with the information I have at this moment.