MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customizing forumdisplay_thread - show custom profile fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I added a couple of custom profile fields to myBB forum. I have no problem showing them in Postbit, but how can I show them in forumdisplay_thread ?
I can't find this information anywhere!

Thanks,
Irene
Its not possible without a plugin.
Ah ok. Do you know a plugin that does the tric?

Thanks
There is not yet created, however you can wait until any one try to make a plugin for this =)
<snip>

Read it wrong.
Thanks, but this only puts the info on the page you get after opening a post. I want to have this info on the page before that: forumdisplay_thread
But this code does not work on that page...
It'll not work on forumdisplay page since the code used to evaluate Custom Fields is absent in those files.
Well, you can use this plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=260
It's free.

After activation, you can use this in the 'forumdisplay_thread' where you would like to show the custom profile field:
<?php $user = get_user($thread['uid']); echo $user['fid3']; ?>
Perfect!!! I've been trying stuff for over 2 hours, and this fixed it straight away.
Thanks a lot!
(2011-06-01, 05:34 PM)Erain Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect!!! I've been trying stuff for over 2 hours, and this fixed it straight away.
Thanks a lot!

You're welcome Wink
Pages: 1 2