MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Plugin Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to active this plugin, I get the following error:

Quote:Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in public_html/forum/inc/plugins/advanced_plugins.php on line 30

I've tried to download a fresh file and reinstall it, but that didn't do anything. I have no idea how to check the error as I am not very php savvy. Any help would be appreciated.
First thing would be to look at line 30 of advanced_plugins.php
It says
Quote:if(!$plugin_ei->checkCodeExists($config['admindir'] . "/global.php", 'define(\'PLUGIN_USE_CURL\', FALSE);')){
I think you might have missed some steps when installing EI. If you are using Ei 2.0, check the readme and the steps need when editing admin/plugins.php.
Thank you. I did miss a step. But now when I active the script it says:
Quote:Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/rkphuntc/public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 75
I checked and that file does exist there and on line 75 of that file it says:
Quote:if(!chdir($dir))
Edit:It's actually doing that for all my plugins now. And when I try to install the cash mod it says that Advance Plugin isn't installed.
Ok. Upload ei_test.php to your forum root directory. Load it in your browser and follow the instructions there to setup either FTP or file writing settings.
If it's saying advanced plugins isn't installed you've missed a step from the readme again Toungue. This time to do with global.php
I did the test, it gave me the ok for everything (made sure everything was the same in the Change > Easy Install.) Then I checked both EI and AP (global.php) to ensure that I had everything uploaded. It is still telling me that it's not installed. Could this be do to me using the file writing settings? It's still giving me that class.php error as well. When I deactive it says:
Quote:Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 75

Warning: fopen(admin/plugins.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 185

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 191

Warning: fopen(admin/global.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 185

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /public_html/forum/inc/class_file.php on line 191
Thank you for your help thus far.
Yes. Try using FTP details. This is why I created the FTP class. People were complaining of permission errors so I created the FTP class to stop the errors from happening. Only use FTP on Linux/Unix servers though, FTP does not work properly when the FTP server is windows.
If you still have problems or don't/can't use FTP, then PM me with a file from your admin folder. Go to your admin folder, at the bottom of the file listing, you should see lots of files with names like "z_file_xxxx.txt". Send me the last couple of files in a PM.
I can't seem to find any files like that in my forum folders. Is it forum/admin or am I looking in the wrong place?