MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4 to 1.6 Theme Change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I#m just about to upgrade to mybb 1.6 from 1.4

I have a customer theme and I was wondering if theres anything I should edit on my theme when upgrading? Any changes to code etc.

Thanks,
No, you don't need to change any part of theme. Just upgrade.
There are multiple template changes between 1.4 and 1.6. I don't know if there's a list somewhere, but if you know HTML you can convert a theme within half-an-hour with the revert template option.
Can you tell me what I need to change then so I can start.
Do you expect me to list all of the changes? There are a bunch.. Hire a designer or use the revert template function as mentioned above.
After you upgrade you should run the "Find Updated Templates" tool to find templates that are changed during the upgrade. View the Diff Report for every template and if it doesn't include any custom changes you made, revert it back to the original. If it does, you will either have to add the changes manually to the template or revert it back and then make the custom changes again.
Remember not to just revert to original on every one and backup first.
(2011-06-01, 11:03 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't need to change any part of theme. Just upgrade.

You will have to make changes to the theme if the upgrade script can't make them automatically...

Aries-Belgium is on the mark with what to do.
(2011-06-02, 12:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-01, 11:03 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't need to change any part of theme. Just upgrade.

You will have to make changes to the theme if the upgrade script can't make them automatically...

Yes, but if the Upgrade script didn't edited them automatically. Otherwise its not need to manually edit the templates.
(2011-06-02, 03:01 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-02, 12:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, but if the Upgrade script didn't edited them automatically. Otherwise its not need to manually edit the templates.

But saying that you won't need to do anything is misleading, as 9 times out of 10 you do need to do something.