MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my very first forum I ever created and I thought maybe someone could help me make it nicer. I went to the plugin downloads and honestly I was really floored by them, because I really didnt know what most of them actually were. I am creating this forum about the St Louis Rams football team. The reason I am doing so is because we actually have a fan page on facebook that grew pretty large so we decided it is time to move to a forum instead so we can be more organized. I stepped up to take on the challenge but as I said I am a little bit floored about what to do next. My forum is located at forum.ramsfan4life.net What ideas can anyone share with me to make this forum better. I cannot seem to figure out how to change the MyBB logo at the top or even the forum colors in the Admin panel....

I also thought it would be very cool to put the team schedule up on there somewhere some how if anyone has a clue what plug in or what else I need?
You can use the search tool to find most of these things.: http://community.mybb.com/search.php At least dozens of posts are there which will guide you how to setup, how to manage your forums.
I am also trying to find the setting that controls the default post settings for reply notifications, and show signature. They are currently set to no notifications on reply, and not to show signatures and I would like to change them.
I actually didnt see what I was looking for there, thanks for the link though im sure it will come in handy in the future. Is what I am trying to do possible?

As of right now when someone posts by default they do not get a reply notification, and their signature is turned off, they are what im trying to change

EDIT: Or does that require a plug in?
I suggest that you spend some time reading about how the forum software works and what you have to do to change it to your preferences. Rather than ask questions about every little thing that is well documented or has been explained a 100 times before.

Try "Search" - It's generally pretty useful.
(2011-06-02, 12:38 AM)Lopalong Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest that you spend some time reading about how the forum software works and what you have to do to change it to your preferences. Rather than ask questions about every little thing that is well documented or has been explained a 100 times before.

Try "Search" - It's generally pretty useful.

I actually did take the time to try to figure out the issue before hand. I went threw the whole Control Panel, unless I somehow missed something. I also read the whole like that the person above sent me and I still did not find the answer. I was not able to find where this has been well documented 100 times which is why I am asking. I was under the impressing that this sort of question was acceptable in the General Support section. I am trying to learn the ins and outs, and if you cant find something reading around or looking around yourself the next best way is to ask.

As far as the search command goes, that only works when you know what the function is called that you are looking for, in this case I am not sure what it would be called or I would have found the info I needed already.
If I remember it right, signatures are activated by default if the user have one.
That is probably the signature issue then, thank you for pointing that out. If I can figure out the reply notifications then I will be very happy :-)
(2011-06-02, 01:48 AM)trizzypballr Wrote: [ -> ]That is probably the signature issue then, thank you for pointing that out. If I can figure out the reply notifications then I will be very happy :-)

You can choose a default subscription method in your UserCP > Edit Options. If you select "Instant email notification" you will get notifications if there are new replies to thread you also replied too.
Pages: 1 2