MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade error: cannot redeclare is_super_admin()
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I upgraded my old 1.2.13 to 1.6 today. Everything went well until it didn't.

After upgrading, my entire message board looks exactly the same as before (can this be right?).
It works until I click on Admin CP. Mind you, the User and Mod CPs work fine. At that point, it goes to this URL:
http://www.idimama.com/forums/jde57d01ed2/index.php
and displays:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_super_admin() (previously declared in /var/www/html/ga/gamingmouse.com/idimama/forums/inc/functions.php:5484) in /var/www/html/ga/gamingmouse.com/idimama/forums/jde57d01ed2/adminfunctions.php on line 2383

I tried deleting the jde57 directory, but then I just got a 404 error. I've since replaced it, but still can't figure out the problem.

I'm concerned that there IS a folder called jde57d01ed2 in the first place. Apparently the folder was modified on 5/10/2011 -- The forum was inactive at that time, so I think it must have been put there by the installer. Is this folder supposed to exist?
Go to config.php and find "super" you should see super admins UID's there. If yours isn't there add it or if super isn't in the file at all then add a new config file from the 1.6 package.
Thanks a bunch, Jason. I'll try this tomorrow morning and let you know how it worked.
No, some files are still outdated. Please upload all new files again.
(2011-06-02, 01:45 AM)MonsieurD Wrote: [ -> ]After upgrading, my entire message board looks exactly the same as before (can this be right?).

There are no huge changes in the UI between 1.2 and 1.6, however you will need to go through all your templates and revert them to default to make sure they've got the new 1.6 code in them.

But yeah, as Stefan said, this is caused by mismatched files. Fully delete the old admin folder and reupload the 1.6 version; the structure of the 1.6 ACP is very different to the 1.2 ACP and some old files which may still be there are probably causing a problem.