MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security for ACP login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What can I do, single IP..something like that, suggestion ?. Thanks in advance.
If you want to restrict access to the admincp by ip address add an .htaccess file to the admin (or the renamed admin directory) and add this:
order allow, deny
deny from all
allow from your.ip.goes.here
Where you need to replace your.ip.goes.here with your IP address.
^Additional info: That's only works with static ip.
You can also password protect the admin directory and rename it. This article details a few steps you can follow and the link Yaldaram provided (Admin CP Honeypot) is extremely useful too: http://wp.me/p1xd82-1M
Thanks to everybody, I not have ststic IP.....any sugestion?
(2011-06-02, 10:15 AM)fantastic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to everybody, I not have ststic IP.....any sugestion?

Then follow the guide euantor posted. It's a great overview of what you can do to add more security to the AdminCP.
I triet just for testing this

order allow, deny
deny from all
allow from your 188.xx.xxx.xxx

End triet login in ACP I have this...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cbla bla and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
Try with capitalized letters:
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 188.xx.xxx.xxx
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Pages: 1 2