MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To all who create MYBB plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I've seen many many guys that create wonderful plugins for mybb. But I would like to someone create one plugin for us , its about security.
Can someone create one plugin that will disable forum indexing ?
I mean , if one hacker hack the website and gets access to the files , when he try to upload index.htm (thats actually a deface index) , the plugin will not show the hacker's uploaded index. So the plugin will disable forum indexing , if index gets edit it will block...

Thats my idea , I really need it and I think many of you do same as me.
Thanks

~Deer (yes deer is my real name , dont laugh ,Big GrinBig Grin)
If your forum gets hacked, and the malicious user somehow uploads a shell, a simple html file is the least of your worries.

You can use DirectoryIndex in your htaccess to only allow index.php if you don't want any index.html to show up at all.

Really you should just make sure your forum root isn't writeable by the public.
You don't need a plugin to do this... it's your server that chooses to show an index.html/index.htm file instead of an index.php file, not MyBB. I.e., if you have an index.php and an index.html/index.htm file, it's the server that will make index.html/index.htm take precedence.
If you're hacked you have real problems. No plugin will protect you or your site. You'll need a backup and method to recover your account then secure it again and move on.
It would be possible on a dedicated server or a VPS, to create a script that will block any future access to any offensive IP creating an index.htm file. But this is no garanty that it will prevent any hacking before the creation of the file itself...
(2011-06-02, 09:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need a plugin to do this... it's your server that chooses to show an index.html/index.htm file instead of an index.php file, not MyBB. I.e., if you have an index.php and an index.html/index.htm file, it's the server that will make index.html/index.htm take precedence.

How exactly I do this....little help.
It's to hard for me...., thanks anyway
(2011-06-03, 07:58 PM)fantastic Wrote: [ -> ]It's to hard for me...., thanks anyway

Creating a file and pasting a line of code in is too hard for you?
(2011-06-03, 08:02 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-03, 07:58 PM)fantastic Wrote: [ -> ]It's to hard for me...., thanks anyway

Creating a file and pasting a line of code in is too hard for you?

Thanks for help....

Help...