MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEF URLs to use keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to get my current SEF URLs to display keywords, or in other words, the words used from the thread. So for example, rather than seeing the following:

example.com/board/forum-3.html

I would like to have the urls be:

example.com/board/forum-name/title-of-the-thread.html

is this possible? Any help is much appreciated.Smile
You'll need this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-seo
Quick response! Awesome, I will try this right now.

Anything in particular I should know to make it work?
(2011-06-02, 08:36 PM)jkellz Wrote: [ -> ]Quick response! Awesome, I will try this right now.

Anything in particular I should know to make it work?
Follow the instructions in the zip file precisely, or else it will not work. There is one core edit that is needed, that you must do.
Alright well I got the first part done....now here is my second question: Can i get my urls to show categories and forums by folder? for example:

example.com/forum/category1/thread1

right now this is my url format:

example.com/forum/thread (even though this is posted in category1)

thanks again!
can someone tell me why I am having a problem viewing user profile pages with this addon?
thanks.
(2011-06-19, 04:47 AM)jkellz Wrote: [ -> ]can someone tell me why I am having a problem viewing user profile pages with this addon?
thanks.

Have you renamed htaccess.txt file to .htaccess ?
(2011-06-19, 05:03 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Have you renamed htaccess.txt file to .htaccess ?

Yes. The rewrite works, but for some reason, when trying to click on a name for the user profile page, I get this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

I disabled the plugin and i was able to view user profiles again.

Have you made the necessary changes to functions.php too?
(2011-06-19, 06:39 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made the necessary changes to functions.php too?

From what I remembered, I follow the readme file to the letter. I do not recall having to edit the functions.php file.
Pages: 1 2