MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Navigation Bar/Chain Fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the navigation chain / bar that tells you where you are in the forum. I.E from above the link is "MyBB Community Forums / MyBB Support / MyBB 1.6 General Support /..."

The bar shows correctly when you open a thread by using the titles, but if you click on the link from the last post section where it jumps to a specific post the navigation bar disappears.

If you remove the #pid1 from the end of the link (which I assume is the part which tells the browser where to jump to) the navigation bar is displayed correctly. So instead of /showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1 the link that works is showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1.

I have also looked at the page source after the browser has created the page and the navigation bar has been created in the source but it's just not visiable. As the entire top of the forum posts are jumped right up to the bottom of the link bar where the login box etc is.

The problem remains when you are logged in as well as out so that cant be the source of the problem.

From a little bit of testing it seems that the problem is only occurring in the Chrome browser as it doesn't appear in Firefox or IE9. So it could be a bug with chrome.

Anyway is there a way that I could work around this so it is displayed?
Your forum's link please ?
Oops sorry about that its http://frostbyte.co.nz/forum
Why does the #content have "overflow: hidden" in the CSS?
If you remove that, it should work. Although not sure why it is in there.
Hey,
I'm not sure it must have been there by default as I haven't added it.

I'm removed it from the global css anyway

This has made it better now but the navigation bar is still hidden but it has shown thread rating and the upper reply button which I hadn't noticed were missing

EDIT
It seems to be working now it might have taken a few minutes to update.

Thanks for your help.
It's working for me now.
Try to reload your page with Shift+F5 to clear your cache.

[EDIT]
Okay, no problem Wink