MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you use the new RSS syndication feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I recently upgraded to RC4 and I really want to have a RSS syndication for one of the categories in my forum. I have searched these forums and did not come up with anything that would help me so can someone tell me how I use this new RSS feature? All I know is that there is a rss.php file Toungue
ok, the first step is to download an RSS feeder and install it. I good free one (but very basic) is http://www.sharpreader.net/. Once downloaded and installed, follow the next step.

Find the "Syndication" link at the bottom of you forum. It should lead you to a page like this one. Choose All (top option), one (any after -----------------), or multiple ones (click the first one, then ctrl + click the other ones you want).

Then choose the feed version. 2.00 is probably best. Then choose how many threads you want you RSS feader to show (default is 15). Then click "generate syndication URL". The URL will then be displayed at the top of the page.

Copy the URL the page gives you. Open up your RSS reeder. Copy the link into the add rss feed button. Then click ok and it should show the 15 latest threads from the forum(s) you choose.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.
Thankyou very much k776!

This helped a lot, now, I want to change the link that it syndicates, for example, right now when you click on one of the syndicated links, it takes you to the forum, I want it to take you elsewhere, I am pretty sure this is done by editing rss.php, but what should I edit?

EDIT:

I got it to work how I wanted, I did indeed have to edit rss.php, I basically had to edit the <link> part...thanks again Smile