MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I recently used my old hosting account to create a second forum. So in total there are 2 forums.

The cookie settings of my second forum keeps on changing every week and it is very irritating so can someone tell me a way so the cookie setting doesn't change?
Changing from what to what??
It always change by itself from "/" to "/forumote" and when its "/forumote" i cannot logout or login.
Make sure your inc/settings.php file has mode 666. Then check the settings in ACP and resave them.
It could also be that your host always restores a backup or something.
I have changed the mode from 644 to 666. I hope this works. If it doesn't then i will come back. Only the second forum is like that so i don't think its my host but it might be.
(2011-06-03, 07:58 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have changed the mode from 644 to 666. I hope this works. If it doesn't then i will come back. Only the second forum is like that so i don't think its my host but it might be.

Then the settings.php was probably the problem, yes.
Its still not working. The cookie settings keep changing by itself.
Where are you making the changes? In the ACP or settings.php?
(2011-06-04, 03:19 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you making the changes? In the ACP or settings.php?

I am editing the setting.php to fix the cookie settings. It keeps changing by itself and i am needing to edit it like every week.
(2011-06-04, 06:08 PM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am editing the setting.php to fix the cookie settings. It keeps changing by itself and i am needing to edit it like every week.

If you edit your settings.php you also need to change it in your ACP because otherwise the settings will be overwritten every time you save your setting in ACP.
Pages: 1 2