MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests can see the thread titles but can't read the threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is it possible to allow the guests to only read the thread titles, but NOT the threads, which means that if they try to open a thread they will be redirected to the "no permission" page, is that possible?

I did this from the Admin CP but it DIDN'T work:

- Guests, "Can see the board" checked, "Can see the threads" UNckecked! even tho, Guests can see the threads and this is embarassing, most of them read and then fly away...

Thanks in advance Big Grin
Allow guests to view thread listing on forumdisplay pages, and then activate this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads

This'll dis-allow guests to view threads, but able to read their titles.
^ I was wondering if its not possible with forum permissions itself
( view forum - can't read threads )
(2011-06-04, 07:26 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ I was wondering if its not possible with forum permissions itself
( view forum - can't read threads )

Unticking the option will make them un-able to read the thread titles (On thread listing area) too.
But does it work for MyBB 1.6.3??? Thanks in advance
Yes, it should works Smile
Yes it works fine on 1.6.3 we use it and have done on previous 1.6 versions.

Guest can see a Welcome forum and thread only (permissions set for this) and as for the rest of the forums they only see the titles until they register and log onto the forum.

Just set the correct permissions for the forums in the ACP. Cool