MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set my attachment size for zipx files in my MyBB forum to 8MB, because in the attachment settings it says:

Quote:Please ensure the maximum file size is below the smallest of the following PHP limits:
Upload Max File Size: 8M
Max Post Size: 8M

However, I went to upload a zipx file as an attachment, and it's only 6.78MB...

I get this error:

Quote:Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

At the top of the page, I get the message:

Quote:Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/editpost.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

How can I fix this?
This actually the host issue. They have disabled uploading of large files. Try to ask them to increase Upload size.
(2011-06-04, 06:45 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This actually the host issue. They have disabled uploading of large files. Try to ask them to increase Upload size.

Yea, I filed a support ticket explaining to them exactly what the problem is... because MyBB reports that the max file size for each attachment is 8M per attachment... my previous web host it was 2M...
I hope they'll increase the size and issue would be resolve. Smile
(2011-06-04, 07:34 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they'll increase the size and issue would be resolve. Smile

Well, I've yet to get a reply from them.