MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change any admin url's using the old format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive installed few plugin in my forum that are not compatible with 1.6 but with the help of this tutorial

Updating your Plugins to 1.6? PLEASE READ

Ive upgraded these plugin, in the second part of tutorial it say..

change admin url's using the old format (config/settings). All you have to do here is change the '/' to a '-'.

Does any body know how to do that?? Im looking for the solution from last 5 days please help

The URLs of MyBB 1.6.x has changed slightly from / to - between their names. So you've to Change / to - where ever they have been used in the URLs. like;
http://yourdomain.com/admin/index.php?mo...g/settings
Should be changed to
http://yourdomain.com/admin/index.php?mo...g-settings
But how to do that????
how can i change these url permanently

Well, if you've Upgraded your forum to 1.6.x then you don't need to edit it because it Updated itself automatcally. That tutorial/tip is only for Upgrading your 1.4.x plugins (which are using ACP modules).
ive installed mybb 1.6 then i installed 1.4 plugin and after upgrading these plugin works but Ive to manually change the url from / to - but how can i permanently change it
Can you please link me to the plugin so I can edit the required code ?
You don't have to do that edit unless you get a 500 error attempting to access the settings for the plugin.
(2011-06-04, 08:48 AM)haseebahmed142 Wrote: [ -> ]ive installed mybb 1.6 then i installed 1.4 plugin and after upgrading these plugin works but Ive to manually change the url from / to - but how can i permanently change it

You just need to edit the file, find the all the admin URLs that have a / in them and change it to a -

You said the plugins work though, so as pyridine said though, if you're not getting any errors, you don't need to change anything.
(2011-06-04, 11:42 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-04, 08:48 AM)haseebahmed142 Wrote: [ -> ]ive installed mybb 1.6 then i installed 1.4 plugin and after upgrading these plugin works but Ive to manually change the url from / to - but how can i permanently change it

You just need to edit the file, find the all the admin URLs that have a / in them and change it to a -

You said the plugins work though, so as pyridine said though, if you're not getting any errors, you don't need to change anything.
Which file need to be edited where i can i locate the file i need to upgrade EMS plugin and tab menu
Well it'll be the plugin file... the file in ./inc/plugins/. Also maybe the files the plugin adds to the admin folder if there are any.