MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: choose hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!
I want to choose a host!
It has 20 GB and 200 GB bandwidth!

Is it enough for 5000-10000 viewers/day?
The bandwidth limit might be a bit tight, depends on how well you utilize optimization for your board.
IS IT ENOUGH FOR A BOARD WITH COMMON FEATURERS?
Well "common" is a relative term, so I can't really say. If you have server-side stats software, you could easily look at your average month's bandwidth.
@Jondan;
Calm the freak down.
I would advice if you've such number of visitors daily then you may need to go with the same. Its enough quota IMO.
Imo i'd get a VPS if you have that many. You can usually get one with 20gb of space and 1tb around.
Here's two really good (from the reviews) VPS hosts with a comparison of the two:

Hosting Fuze - Has 512MB RAM, 1GB Burst. 40GB Space/1.2TB Bandwidth for $6 plan. Also has two IPs.

BuyVM - Has 512MB RAM, 1GB Burst. 50GB Space/2TB Bandwidth for $6 plan. Also has two cores.

I've heard that both are great, but there are more recommendations for BuyVM than there are for Fuze. Also, as you can see, you get more bang for your buck at BuyVM. I know I'm going with them.
When I have the need for a VPS I'll be going with http://fanaticalvps.com/ .
It depends a lot on several things what you need.

Size of database, activity on the board. for example 10 people just visiting and reading a few thread is less intensive than 10 people posting, reading, PMing, searching.

I personally don't like VPS. They are often only a temporary solution (especially when your board is very active and has lots of posts a day) They are usually not the best when it comes handling spikes in traffic (digg/reddit/slashdot effect)

Depending on your budget, your needs regarding bandwidth, the need for good and fast support i would look into cloudhosting from Liquidweb https://www.stormondemand.com/pricing/

They are more expensive than others, but i have learned from experience that the cheaper the host, the worse the support, servers, etc.

just my 2c.