MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal as site index without use of my tutorial or plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't make the pro-portal plugin, but I did write a tutorial on how to do this.

I was going through the Portal source code when I saw this

// This allows users to login if the portal is stored offsite or in a different directory
if($mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" && $mybb->request_method == "post")
   {
  $plugins->run_hooks("portal_do_login_start");

So, could we use it in another folder or if MyBB was installed in a "forums" folder?
Yes, you can probably put the portal.php file into a parent directory but you will need to edit the $forumdir that is defined in the code:
$forumdir = "./";

So if your portal.php is in public_html/ or something and your main forum is in public_html/forum/ this is what you should do:
$forumdir = "./forum/";
Alright. Hope you don't mind if I add this information to my tutorial, I'll have to experiment with this first though.

Thanks for your support, credit will go to you.
(2011-06-04, 11:13 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. Hope you don't mind if I add this information to my tutorial, I'll have to experiment with this first though.

Thanks for your support, credit will go to you.

No problem. No need to credit though. It's not like I wrote a complete tutorial. Just had a look in the code and noticed that variable Toungue