MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apture, Viglink, and Smowtion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've recently gotten CloudFlare on my site, and it's been snappy as a mouse trap Smile
Through the process of configuring it (and visiting a couple sites related to a plugin I had installed) I came across these three sites, Apture, Viglink, and Smowtion.

So anyway, I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with those three services.

I've tried Viglink for a short time in the past, but forgot about it when I changed my theme a few months back. I've got it enabled again because it supposedly will make me a little money off of some of the traffic that goes off my site. So I'm wondering what everyone's success has been with it.

Never used Apture, but it looks like it could be a very useful tool, anyone use it?

And finally Smowtion. They seem to be a much better ad provider than the system I'm currently using, Project Wonderful, and I'd like your opinions on that as well.
Never used any of them but Viglink sounds cool. But, Apture sounds like a different thing completely that could be accomplished with lightbox like jquery.
(2011-06-04, 11:47 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Never used any of them but Viglink sounds cool. But, Apture sounds like a different thing completely that could be accomplished with lightbox like jquery.

Did you watch the video on the Apture site? It's a bit simpler to implement and there's more than that:

Yes I did. And, how do you think they do it?

Personally I would just go with vglinks and adsense for advertising. I hate little popup things like that since I highlight text all the time when reading (not sure why).
(2011-06-04, 12:36 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did. And, how do you think they do it?

Personally I would just go with vglinks and adsense for advertising. I hate little popup things like that since I highlight text all the time when reading (not sure why).

Well their way is much easier for me Toungue
I guess you're right, and I'm worried it would add some more weight to the page. It doesn't do ads btw Wink
AdSense is out of the question too.

So anyone used Smowtion?
(2011-06-04, 11:40 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]So I've recently gotten CloudFlare on my site, and it's been snappy as a mouse trap Smile
Through the process of configuring it (and visiting a couple sites related to a plugin I had installed) I came across these three sites, Apture, Viglink, and Smowtion.

So anyway, I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with those three services.

I've tried Viglink for a short time in the past, but forgot about it when I changed my theme a few months back. I've got it enabled again because it supposedly will make me a little money off of some of the traffic that goes off my site. So I'm wondering what everyone's success has been with it.

Never used Apture, but it looks like it could be a very useful tool, anyone use it?

And finally Smowtion. They seem to be a much better ad provider than the system I'm currently using, Project Wonderful, and I'd like your opinions on that as well.

Hi,

Thanks for checking out the new apps' integration at CloudFlare. Please let us know if you have any questions about any of those services...we probably have a direct contact there to answer any specific concerns.
(2011-06-05, 10:07 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-04, 11:40 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]So I've recently gotten CloudFlare on my site, and it's been snappy as a mouse trap Smile

Hi,

Thanks for checking out the new apps' integration at CloudFlare. Please let us know if you have any questions about any of those services...we probably have a direct contact there to answer any specific concerns.

You're like the Kool-Aide man, always busting through the wall when someone says the word "CloudFlare". Toungue (Not that it's a bad thing)
(2011-06-05, 10:07 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Well, no offence, but since I'm asking them here and you seem to be a part of the community, would you mind answering them? Cool
(2011-06-05, 10:14 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]You're like the Kool-Aide man, always busting through the wall when someone says the word "CloudFlare". Toungue (Not that it's a bad thing)

rofl I know, right? But I find it amazing when companies do this. Really boosts their reputation imo if they help him on the sites they ask for help at.
;-) I just hope I'm not as chunky as the Kool-Aide dude wasSmile

VigLink is great of your site contains a lot of Amazon, eBay, Gamestop, etc

You make money through commission, so the more your users click & buy, the more you make.
Pages: 1 2