MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating blog system to web template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm currently starting a local website, and I'm wanting to integrate a blog system, maybe wordress to it.

It's one of those themes of themeforest, and already has like a blog page designed, and everything that should be there for a blog. How hard is it to code it/integrate wordpress or a blog system with it?

Thanks,
Alex
The theme you have is just HTML/CSS? It's not yet a Wordpress theme?

Creating a Wordpress theme requires a bit of PHP knowledge and minimal knowledge about the internal working of WP. A theme consists of several files, like header.php (the header), footer.php (the footer), etc ... These files hold the html and the php to make the pages more dynamic.

If you know HTML/CSS and PHP it's quite easy once you understand how everything is being build.
It may be overkill for just a blog but I love the theming system of Modx if you want to try that. The templates are pretty much straight HTML.
if you use a framework like codeigniter then its not too hard at all Toungue

quick edit post #666 wohooo
TBH, wordpress theming is simple. If you already have a design and everything, you could even use a theme framework to help speed up your development.