MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View new posts error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but a few users are reporting that when they hit the view new posts link at the top of the forum, it returns the following error:

"Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

[attachment=22991]
Can you please attach the image here, because guests are unable to view image attachments from your forum.
(2011-06-04, 08:17 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please attach the image here, because guests are unable to view image attachments from your forum.

done, sorry about that.
Did you've edited search.php file by chance ?

ACP > Tools and Maintenance > File Verification > Run > Does it say search.php file changed ? If so then Re-upload a fresh copy of that file in your forum's root folder.
That message occurs when there are no new posts since the user's last visit.

@Yaldaram. Really? You've been tol before that file verification is broken. Plus, this is a standard MyBB error - it has nothing to do eith a modified core file.
(2011-06-04, 08:45 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@Yaldaram. Really? You've been tol before that file verification is broken. Plus, this is a standard MyBB error - it has nothing to do eith a modified core file.

OP didn't specified that he is using 1.6.3 Undecided
Either way, that's a standard error Wink I see it here quite often when getting logged out accidently then hitting view new posts.
sorry, I am using the latest forum version.
Can you please give a test account ?
The "view new posts"-link only includes posts since your last visit, regardless if you have read them or not. It will not include all your unread posts. Whenever you logout and back in or the session expires, the last visit date will be reset to the current time. If you check the new posts again and no one has posted since that time, MyBB will show you that message. The message is a bit misleading or unclear but MyBB uses its own search engine to get the new posts from the database. It's same message that would show up if you do a search and it would return no results.
Pages: 1 2