MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, AGAIN, lol sorry.

Anyway, I want users, when they go to mysite.com, they get redirected to the portal.php page.

I don't want them manually putting mysite.com/forums/portal.php

But I want, if I can move the portal.php to the root, and when users go to mysite.com, they get redirected to the portal page.

Any help?
Move portal.php to the root directory (so the parent directory of "forums"), rename it to index.php and change the $forumdir in the portal.php file to point to your forum directory. That would be "./forums".
Thanks, but I want it, so when they go to mysite.com, they get redirected to the portal, not mysite.com/forums/portal.php

Any clue?
The portal is already available on your forum's root. If you want people to redirect to out side the forum's folder then I think you'll need to edit the plugin a bit.

Hang On, I'll post an update soon.
(2011-06-04, 08:31 PM)Waterbird Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but I want it, so when they go to mysite.com, they get redirected to the portal, not mysite.com/forums/portal.php

Any clue?

(2011-06-04, 08:31 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Move portal.php to the root directory (so the parent directory of "forums"), rename it to index.php and change the $forumdir in the portal.php file to point to your forum directory. That would be "./forums".
Alright, there is a setting in the plugin file, named "URL" , add the following URL in its settings option field;
http://mysite.com/portal.php
So, I re-download it, open the plugin, look for the setting URL, and add mysite.com/portal.php? or my site, which is toontownaddictsunite.com/portal.php?
After the plugin installation, Go to: ACP > Configurations > Portal Redirect > and the URL posted above Smile
It didn't show up after installation, the Portal Redirect seeing in the configurations.

Aries suggestion worked, thanks!

EDIT: I'm having a problem, I did your suggestion aries, but when I log in, ON the portal page, it redirects me to portal.php(which is renamed index.php) and says 404 error.

Help?
Pages: 1 2