MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a file uploader that uploads to a sub-directory...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While allowing attachments in posts, can I add a feature/plugin, to where there is also a way to upload files directly to a sub-directory, for larger files that are to big to be added as attachments...

I want to be able to allow users to upload to this directory that are to big to be used as attachments... which the max size as stated in another post of mine is 8MB...

I'm not sure how to do this, as I've never done it before.
You might need a plugin for this, however there is a way to add a Upload images to external server right from the newthread and newreply pages.

Go to: ACP > templates > Your theme's templates > New Thread Templates > newthread > and find;
{$codebuttons}
and Add the following code just before that;
<br />&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<span class="genmed"><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.open('http://www.postimage.org/index.php?mode=phpbb&lang=spanish&forumurl=' + escape(document.location.href), '_imagehost', 'resizable=yes,width=500,height=400');return false;">Add image to post</a></span>

It open up in a popup.
(2011-06-05, 10:02 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You might need a plugin for this, however there is a way to add a Upload images to external server right from the newthread and newreply pages.

Go to: ACP > templates > Your theme's templates > New Thread Templates > newthread > and find;
{$codebuttons}
and Add the following code just before that;
<br />&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<span class="genmed"><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.open('http://www.postimage.org/index.php?mode=phpbb&lang=spanish&forumurl=' + escape(document.location.href), '_imagehost', 'resizable=yes,width=500,height=400');return false;">Add image to post</a></span>

It open up in a popup.

Well, I'm trying to get something that will upload things like zip files, etc... to make them available to other users, as I've yet to get reply on the attachment issue support ticket on my web host...