MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get this on the 'Database Configuration' tab.

[Image: screenshot20110604at901.png]
You DB information is wrong, the username, password, or hostname.
How do I check what is the correct information?
Try "hostname" as 'localhost' without the 's.
(2011-06-05, 04:27 AM)Jordan Lovelle Wrote: [ -> ]Try "hostname" as 'localhost' without the 's.

^^ This.
Most hosts don't allow remote access to the MySQL for security reasons.

If that doesn't work and that's the correct information you got from your host, you'll need to contact them.
It is a free hosting, so "localhost" wouldn't work.
(2011-06-06, 08:45 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]It is a free hosting, so "localhost" wouldn't work.

Most hosts only allow MySQL access locally to prevent access from other servers. First of all for security reasons but it also generates more bandwidth. This also the default setting btw. If the webserver is running on the same machine that the MySQL server is running on, it is possible that "localhost" needs to be used. It doesn't really matter which type of hosting you have.
(2011-06-06, 09:02 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-06, 08:45 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]It is a free hosting, so "localhost" wouldn't work.

Most hosts only allow MySQL access locally to prevent access from other servers. First of all for security reasons but it also generates more bandwidth. This also the default setting btw. If the webserver is running on the same machine that the MySQL server is running on, it is possible that "localhost" needs to be used. It doesn't really matter which type of hosting you have.

Yes I know it may work, but I always have used something like this:*
User Name: abc_1234567
Password: ********
MySQL host: sql123.byethost12.com
Port:
DB Name: abc_1234567_dbname

He is using bytehost, so I first thought on free hosting and 'localhost' never worked for me on any free hosting website.

If you pay for bytehost hosting 'localhost' should work.

*Note: You can get this information directly from your CPanel.
I don't know that host but it was worth a shot Smile
All http://ushost247.com Allows *Localhost* to be used and they have free plans
Pages: 1 2