MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Contatc form.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make a contact form that wont open up a new message form, I have this code, similar to mybb's code.
<html>
<body>
<form method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]">
<div id="page" style="margin-top: -10px;"> 
					<div class="item"> 
						<h3>Be a Builder!</h3>
						<p>Fill in the form below and you can apply for builder status on our server.</p> 
<p><strong>Please do not use this form to contact us regarding support MC Mines. Requests for support will be ignored.</strong> For support with MC Mines, see the<a href="/helpcenter.php">Help Center</a>.</p> 
					</div> 
					<div class="item"> 
																		<form method="post" action="/contact/"> 
							<p class="legend"><strong>Note:</strong> Required fields are marked with an asterisk (<em>*</em>)</p> 
							<fieldset> 
							<div class="form_container"> 
								<dl> 
									<dt><label for="name">Full Name: <em>*</em></label></dt> 
									<dd><input type="text" class="textbox" name="name" id="name" size="30" value="" /></dd> 

<dt><label for="name">Forum Username: </label></dt> 
									<dd><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" id="username" size="30" value="" /></dd> 

<dt><label for="email">Email Address: <em>*</em></label></dt> 
									<dd><input type="text" class="textbox" name="email" id="email" size="30" value="" /></dd> 

<dt><label for="subject">Subject: <em>*</em></label></dt> 
									<dd><select name="subject" id="subject"> 
										<option value="">&nbsp;</option> 
										<option value="Builder" >Applying to be a Builder</option>
									</select></dd> 

<dt><label for="message">Message: <em>*</em></label></dt> 
									<dd><textarea name="message" id="message" cols="40" rows="12"></textarea></dd> 

</dd> 

</dl> 
							</div> 
							<p class="submit"> 
								<input type="submit" value="Submit Message" /> 
							</p> 
							</fieldset> 
						</form> 

</body>
</html>
I'm tired, so forgive me if its nto what you mean, but if you mean a contact form with all the data there, just use a php one, you'll get security, and more stuff
By contact form I mean just like the one here on mybb but here is the thing. When you hit submit a new window pops up to submit your message like a e-mail window, I forget what it's called on windows, express mail? Is there a way to send the e-mail without having that windows to pop-up?
Technically the pop-up could be done with javascript on submit... No, PHP is required while it does have advantages in a contact form it's not needed.
Just a simple plain jane HTML contact form?

<form action="MAILTO:[email protected]" method="post" enctype="text/plain"><input type="text" value="email" name="email" /> <br />
<br />
<textarea rows="5" cols="50">Insert your text here</textarea><br />

</br><br />
<input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit" /> <input type="reset" value="reset" name="reset"><br />

Taken from my blog.
What he wants is a window with a message like "Your form has been submitted" to pop up when they actually submit it...
(2011-06-05, 07:54 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]What he wants is a window with a message like "Your form has been submitted" to pop up when they actually submit it...

Oh, that's easy!

<script type="text/javascript">
function submited() {
alert("Your form has been submited!");
}
</script>

You would just have to add the function to the form via onlick() command.

Hope this helps!