MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant Open File error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-06-07, 06:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you PM Aries-Belgium details like he offered, or...??

I only got a message that he doesn't use FTP but does everything directly in CPanel. I was a bit busy at that time to reply and I forgot to reply afterwards to be honest. I'm sorry.

@blake: usually you can create a new FTP account or get information for your default FTP account via CPanel.
(2011-06-07, 06:48 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-07, 06:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you PM Aries-Belgium details like he offered, or...??

I only got a message that he doesn't use FTP but does everything directly in CPanel. I was a bit busy at that time to reply and I forgot to reply afterwards to be honest. I'm sorry.

No need to apologise!! Toungue Was just seeing if any possible progress had been made Smile

I'll be happy to take a quick peek if necessary too.
Well Aries, I never use FTP so if you tell me how to do so I will be happy to set it up. Smile
I've might been able to track down this problem. The "problem" is the stopforumspam plugin. It tries to create a file although the folder isn't writable. The readme file says that the plugin creates a file in the mybb root called 'sfs_log.php'. So try to create that file manually in your mybb root folder and paste in this (default text that the plugin would save to the file):
<?php die(); ?>
Now save the file and change the permission to 666.

That one user is probably flagged as a spammer by the stopforumspam-service.
(2011-06-08, 10:13 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]I've might been able to track down this problem. The "problem" is the stopforumspam plugin. It tries to create a file although the folder isn't writable. The readme file says that the plugin creates a file in the mybb root called 'sfs_log.php'. So try to create that file manually in your mybb root folder and paste in this (default text that the plugin would save to the file):
<?php die(); ?>
Now save the file and change the permission to 666.

That one user is probably flagged as a spammer by the stopforumspam-service.

lol Jason L. flagged as spam? xD
So StopForumSpam has problems. Great Dodgy
(2011-06-09, 02:36 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]lol Jason L. flagged as spam? xD
So StopForumSpam has problems. Great Dodgy

At least the StopForumSpam wanted to create log entry for the user that was trying to register Smile
The log file didn't exist or couldn't be created. The plugin dies with that error when the file couldn't be opened. Adding that file manually and changing the file permissions would fix this.
Pages: 1 2