MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the address http://supbay.x10.mx/install/index.php
I've uploaded the files correctly, changed their permissions as well.
I still keep getting that error while trying to install it.

Kindly help me.
I don't think the files are uploaded correctly if you would go to http://supbay.x10.mx/ , you should at least see a notice that needs to be installed MyBB first.
I know, but the files are installed correctly.
I've uploaded them via FileManager and just now I've checked their addresses using FTP.
Got no clue on what the problem might be. The host is also a considerably good one.
Where exactly did you upload the files?

You should upload them to a folder called public_html or htdocs (changes from host to host).
(2011-06-05, 11:59 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Where exactly did you upload the files?

You should upload them to a folder called public_html or htdocs (changes from host to host).

I've set up quite a lot of forums and I very well know where to upload the files.
Yes, its uploaded to public_html.
EDIT: Just realized how rude I was being, sorry, I'm just mad.
The install script seems to be running now. What did you change?

However, in your public_html folder you still need to remove index.html (but not index.php) which was being returned instead of MyBB's index file.
Wow, I practically did nothing.
Thanks for updating me with the info faviouz.
And sorry for being rude to you, you were just trying to help.
Don't worry about it. Toungue

Glad you managed to sort it out. It was probably some sort of temporary issue with the host (considering you practically did nothing).
Sighs, another problem.
There is no index.html to delete, only index.php exists.
You probably have deleted it already, it was there before. But is there any other html file inside the public_html folder?

It's not really an issue though, just as long as MyBB's index file is being returned as the index.