MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My site was hacked and who ever hacked it changed me to the registered group i still have control over my server and everything but i dont understand how it happen how do i get back to the admin group
Run this query in phpMyAdmin to put you back on the admins usergroup (considering your uid is 1):

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Afterwards, I recommend you read MyBB – Forum security and what to do when hacked thoroughly. Skip to the What to do if you get hacked part, and take some extra security measures later.
thanks im lookin through my logs i dont see no other ips on my admin no other admins this is weird i have a very big board
Members registered: 14,820
The most users online at one time was 1,504 on 01-29-2011 at 03:44 PM
I wouldn't exactly say that's a big board.
I'd classify a 'big' board as a community with atleast 100K posts.
yea im getting there but thats off the subject i need to know how i was put out of the admin i dont see it no where in my loggs
Are you sure you didn't accidentally do it by mucking around?
+ Can we have a link to your forum?
no i wasnt even in my admin i was posting when it happen so that couldnt have happen
Could we please have a link to your forum?
You don't need to login to the Admin CP to change a user's usergroup. The hacker (if there really was one) could have access to the database, from which he can change anything he wants.

The /inc/config.php file also contains a variable where the uids of superadmins are stored (line 70), which the hacker could have edited. Make sure you're the only one.
Pages: 1 2