MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Curious about mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys I'm not sure whether this is right place about this talk.

I've setup 2 forums in phpbb recently, and out of curiosity I want to setup a new forum with mybb.

I've tried to lookup mybb in wikipedia. But all I found is a page seems to be in German!
Secondly a few other things look similar to that of phpbb.
Mod concepts, it's all crude installation procedure is similar to that of phpbb. Is mybb anyway related to phpbb?

I'd be happy to know how mybb could fare better than mybb.
One mybb issue is glaringly visible with my IE8: This text area is overlapping with the Signature checkbox row(see the attachment).
MyBB is still struggling to get listed on Wikipedia. According to them, we don't get enough major exposure (although much less popular forum softwares are listed there).

MyBB is in no way related to phpBB.

As for the IE8 issue, it looks to me that the page is zoomed in. Make sure it's at 100% zoom.
MyBB's mod installation is not even close to phpBB's.
The editor problem, can be fixed easily: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html
(2011-06-05, 02:02 PM)rag_gupta Wrote: [ -> ]Mod concepts, it's all crude installation procedure is similar to that of phpbb. Is mybb anyway related to phpbb?

Mod installation is nothing like phpBB, see the Wiki page on plugins - http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Plugins
Hello bro, i hope u were from india too,well i have been with phpbb for 3 months frankly speaking,it was terrible.

After that i came to mybb and made a forum for my college with basic knowledge,and u dont believe amazingly fast now i am making mybb themes. Smile

Such is the ease of handling this software. The best part is plugin system,where it is a one step click and go process unlike the headache of phpbb wgere templates need to be edited manually,no offence though.

The support will be here day in and out and u can feel free to ask for anything.

Regarding ur ie8 problem,i think u should change settings to make ur font visible.

Also my quick suggestion : change IE and use FF or Chrome

MYBB is very good, I have triet PHPBB3.....no way to I keep-it