MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing showing up on Portal page...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just have this large empty space on the right side...

I'm using MyBB 1.6.3...

[attachment=23005]
ACP > Configurations > Portals settings > And add a forum ID in "Forum ID to pull announcements from" option field. If its empty or the forum has no thread then it wouldn't show any announcements, like in the picture above.
(2011-06-05, 07:21 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configurations > Portals settings > And add a forum ID in "Forum ID to pull announcements from" option field. If its empty or the forum has no thread then it wouldn't show any announcements, like in the picture above.

I have 3 listed in that box... which is my "News, Discussions, and Support" Section...

http://chriscorner.binhoster.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

It seems I must put in a specific forum, it can't be a category...
Yes, it should be a forum, not Category though Smile
I'm having sort of the same issue.

I am on a Windows Advanced Server 2000 running under IIS running MyBB 1.6.3.

I have a Category setup (fid = 22) and a Forums under it (fid=23).
I have 2 announcements in the Forums.

The portal is set up to use fid 23.

http://www.dbrigade.com/forums/portal.php
When guests come to the portal all they see is the login and current users online.

Once they log in they can see the announcements.

I have guests setup with view forums and view threads on fid 23. I have them set up inside fid 23 as view access.

Ideas?
What plugins you've Installed ?
Quite a few. Anything specifc you're looking for?

Only thing I've added for the portal is ProPortal, but I'm trying to use to orginal portal as the opening section for guests. Once logged in go to the ProPortal.
Figured it out. I made sure all permissions except 1 were set. Can View Threads - in the Forum Permissions was turned off. Oops. That's now on, and it's displaying properly.

Thanks for the help.