MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread prefixes not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My thread prefixes don't seem to be working on mybb 1.6.3.

Here's an example of a thread prefix I just tested out.

-----------------------------------------

Prefix:
Update

Display Style:
<font color="#00eaff">Update</font>

All forums
All Groups

-----------------------------------------

When I go to post a new thread in any forum, the prefix area just doesn't show up at all. Just the subject area.
Make sure {$prefixselect} is in the 'newthread' template.
It should be before:
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" />
like this:
{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" />
I'll go take a look right now, thankyou Smile

Update: Wow it was that easy, didn't know. What do you think could have caused it to go missing from my template? Anyway, thanks a lot, that was the issue.
(2011-06-05, 10:29 PM)Shadow Wrote: [ -> ]Update: Wow it was that easy, didn't know. What do you think could have caused it to go missing from my template? Anyway, thanks a lot, that was the issue.

No, idea. What theme are you using? Is the prefix showing up on the thread list?
Btw, you'll probably also need to make that same change in the 'editpost' template.
Ahh I just noticed that it's not showing up in the Thread list preview Sad And same for when you edit the post to change the thread details. I was checking through the templates to see if anything could be missing there too.

would it be the same though?

{$prefixselect}

Update: I got it working for the edit post, In the correct place, not sure about the thread view though.
Are you using an extremely old theme?
There are a bunch of templates that need to be updated to include the prefixes.
I'm using a fairly new one actually.

http://www.Techlifeforum.net

Just created the forum a couple days ago. Still got some work and organizing to do on it.
You created the theme yourself?
Did you do heavy template changing?

First try to run "Find Updated Templates" tool in ACP > Templates & Style > Templates.
If there are templates showing up, check out the Diff Report and if the update doesn't overwrite a custom change you made, Revert it. Otherwise either make the change manually or Revert it and then make the custom changes again.

If it's still not working, check if the following templates have green color. If so, check the Diff and see what is different. Especially look for variables or html elements with prefix in the name.
editpost
forumdisplay_thread
newthread
printthread
private_messagebit
private_search_messagebit
search
search_results_threads_thread
sendthread
showthread
showthread_similarthreads_bit
usercp_latest_subscribed_threads
usercp_latest_threads_threads
usercp_subscriptions_thread
It is a custom theme, so i'll have to edit it manually.

I checked through there, and "forumdisplay_thread" had a {$prefix} entry. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be {$prefixselect} instead. Or where {$prefixselect} would go in the other templates. I looked, but I couldn't find a suitable spot when I was testing places for it.
Still looking for help on this issue, if anyone has any ideas of where the {$prefixselect} tag goes for each template.
Okay, I just copied the bits where prefix is mentioned from all the templates from the default templates and highlighted the prefix code. I hope this helps you along.

'editpost'
Quote:<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

'forumdisplay_thread'
Quote:<span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}">{$thread['subject']}</a>{$thread['multipage']}</span>

'newthread'
Quote:<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

'printthread'
Quote:<title>{$thread['threadprefix']} {$thread['subject']} - {$lang->printable_version}</title>

'search'
Quote:<select name="postdate">
<option value="0">{$lang->find_anydate}</option>
<option value="1">{$lang->find_yesterday}</option>
<option value="7">{$lang->find_lastweek}</option>
<option value="14">{$lang->find_2weeks}</option>
<option value="30">{$lang->find_month}</option>
<option value="90">{$lang->find_3months}</option>
<option value="180">{$lang->find_6months}</option>
<option value="365">{$lang->find_year}</option>
</select>&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="radio" class="radio" name="pddir" value="1" checked="checked" />{$lang->and_newer} <input type="radio" class="radio" name="pddir" value="0" />{$lang->and_older}<br />
<br />
{$prefixselect}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->sorting_options}</strong></td>
</tr>

'search_results_threads_thread'
Quote:<span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread_link}{$highlight}" class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}">{$thread['subject']}</a>{$thread['multipage']}</span>

'sendthread'
Quote:<title>{$threadprefix['prefix']} {$thread['subject']} - {$lang->send_thread}</title>

'showthread'
Quote:<strong>{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>

'showthread_similarthreads_bit'
Quote:<td class="{$trow}">{$similar_thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$similar_thread['threadlink']}">{$similar_thread['subject']}</a></td>

'usercp_latest_subscribed_threads'
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

'usercp_latest_threads_threads'
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

'usercp_subscriptions_thread'
Quote:<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->notification_method} {$notification_type}</span></td>
Pages: 1 2