MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Host upgraded php and broke my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my host upgraded to php 5.3.6 and my forum started getting a bunch of errors and I was unable to login. Since I couldn't find any fixes on the web I thought I would try upgrading and maybe it would fix itself but when I enter my password it doesn't do anything.

These are the errors I am getting:
Quote:Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/direclan/public_html/inc/class_core.php on line 165

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/direclan/public_html/inc/class_core.php:165) in /home/direclan/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1622

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/direclan/public_html/inc/class_core.php:165) in /home/direclan/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1622

The URL is: http://direclan.com/install/
did you try upgrading your forum to mybb 1.6.3 ?
I tried, when it asks for my admin password I enter it but the setup script won't continue. It just keeps displaying those errors.
Try placing an @ symbol at the start of line 165 in inc/class_core.php, which should suppress the deprecation warning. I'm not sure why you're getting headers already sent. What version are you upgrading from and what file set (upgrade or full) did you download? If you're upgrading from a 1.4.x version you'll need the full 1.6.3 download, not the upgrade.
(2011-06-06, 04:29 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Try placing an @ symbol at the start of line 165 in inc/class_core.php, which should suppress the deprecation warning. I'm not sure why you're getting headers already sent. What version are you upgrading from and what file set (upgrade or full) did you download? If you're upgrading from a 1.4.x version you'll need the full 1.6.3 download, not the upgrade.

Thanks, that worked. I thought that the @ just hid the warning?

Funny because I had tried it before (before attempting to upgrade) an it made no difference. I was on version 1.6.1 for anyone reading this.
(2011-06-06, 04:36 AM)RAND0M1ZER Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that worked. I thought that the @ just hid the warning?

It does, but it's just a temporary fix. It will be fixed in the next release of MyBB.