MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed and I go to Admin and See this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have used phpbb3 for about 8 years and decided to give this a look, basic principles, I see the similarities and such, but after a successful install of the latest pack, I see this -->

Why do I not have navigation. I have done some trouble shooting of my own, but hoping to get some solutions here.
Undecided
Download a fresh copy and try install again.
(2011-06-06, 03:31 AM)Jordan Lovelle Wrote: [ -> ]Download a fresh copy and try install again.
This is the very first install with a fresh copy - quick reply and thank you for that
Are you installing this on localhost or a live server?
(2011-06-06, 03:35 AM)Jordan Lovelle Wrote: [ -> ]Are you installing this on localhost or a live server?

Installing on a hosting account with GoDaddy that I have had for years and years. In hindsight, I did not directly delete the install folder before I jumped to the site and only did it after I first saw the lack of icons. I am going to delete mysql for this one and just start over to see if that does anything different and keep this post as it is as a learning tool.

If you can hang on for about 20m while I delete folders and reinstall and wait for mysql to give me a hosting router name.

Thank you btw
I just noticed your sig while waiting - I just finished the game Portal 2 for PS3 - I have tried the co-op, but most of the people I get do not like a newbie (game series-wise) like me and we get into the harder stuff and they log off. Have you played it yet?
Yes, try a fresh install again and see what the problem is, if it does it again we'll know there's a sure problem and if not it must not have installed right the first time. It looks like something from the 'admin' directory didn't upload properly. Although, what version of PHP is your hosting running? And I assume you're trying to install MyBB 1.6.3?

Also, I have Portal 2 on PS3 as well but I've not yet completed it, I get bored of it very easily although I love it to death. I think I'm up to like level 10 or something a rather. I haven't tried co-op yet.
Thanks for waiting - I completely re-did everything and just went to my ACP and I have icons and such - I haven't tested anything, but it looks 1000% better than it did. So, I again thank you - apparently as eager as I was to get on the ACP and forgot to delete the install directory - this could have been the base of the problem

I agree about Portal 2 - great game, but wow - and at the same time, the script had me chuckling at a couple points. I tried co-op with some unknowns, but I was a newb and they didn't have a mic, so they keep quiting after it gets to the harder levels.

Thanks for your help, going to explore some myBB forums options

note to self = delete the install folder
The install folder after installing doesn't /have/ to be deleted, it's just recommended. It shouldn't of caused any of those problems, so I'm not sure what the issue was. I believe it was just that the admin directory either had something missing or it didn't upload properly or whatever. All in all, I'm glad it's fixed. Smile

And yeah I completely agree, I was actually laughing out loud at some of the things GlaDOS and Wheatley were saying. I haven't tried Co-op, I shall have to try it some time. I'll shoot you a PM if you're interested in playing with me. Smile
Smilehere is a screenshot of what I see now - and again thanks.
All is looking fine. Good luck! And no problem.
Pages: 1 2