MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show HTML Markup Effects In Forum Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to know how to do this for awhile because I want my forums to be a bit different then the other 40,000 out there. I want to make the HTML Markup effect like in the picture and make it show in the picture below it. Can someone explain how to do so?

Want this Effect
[Image: Changing.jpg]

To Show Up Were The Names are in here.
[Image: Change.jpg]

Thanks.
Does this work 100% with Mybb 1.6?
This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1603

Doesn't work.
Never Mind XD

I edited the Coding so it is. Big Grin
(2011-06-06, 10:46 AM)Abandon Wrote: [ -> ]Never Mind XD

I edited the Coding so it is. Big Grin

Yeah, sorry. Forgot to mention that. Smile
I have another question.

Two really.

1. How can I add a Group Legend to the forums were it displays the groups made.

2. How can I make it so when a member registers and says " Newest Member: lahhh" look like the html markup for the group.
1) http://mods.mybb.com/view/group-legend

2) This requires a core mod. Although I don't recommend this for something that small but anyway:
Open index.php and search for:
		$newestmember = build_profile_link($stats['lastusername'], $stats['lastuid']);
replace with:
		$lastuser = get_user($stats['lastuid']); 
		$lastuser['formattedname'] = format_name($lastuser['username'], $lastuser['usergroup'], $lastuser['displaygroup']);
		$newestmember = build_profile_link($lastuser['formattedname'], $lastuser['uid']);
I thought there was a way were you could create your own??
(2011-06-06, 11:32 AM)Abandon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought there was a way were you could create your own??

You mean the group legend? You could add it manually to your templates but than it wouldn't update automatically if you add/remove usergroups or change the username style.
True, well this works perfectly fine bud thanks.
(2011-06-06, 11:50 AM)Abandon Wrote: [ -> ]True, well this works perfectly fine bud thanks.

No problem Wink
Pages: 1 2