MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Activation Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know somebody that is trying to register here, but they never get an activation email, even after clicking resend activation email. I thought I would try to create a new second account myself. I tried and it won't send me an activation email either. I tried using two different email account on two different email services and neither works.
You should check your bulk/spam box in your email its possible it may be in there.
Nope, I checked there. I did not receive an email.
Hmm.. try using a hotmail account.
Nope, a hotmail account does not work. I have tried clearing my cache, I have tried using an email address for a domain name, GMAIL, Mail.com, Hotmail, and my ISP's email. None of them work.

I also tried using both IE and FF.

I got my account several months ago, but it would be nice if users could still register.
I tried to activate yesterday, and I tried 3 different email addresses, neither worked.
It appeared the activation mails arrived a day late... this morning Confused
Something tells me the SMTP server on this site is a bit slow.
The SMTP server on this site was disabled after I'd moved mail to the new server (needed to stop it to ensure mail was bouncing completely and would eventually be delivered to the new server).

I forgot to start it again.

Sorry about that.
Thank You cardude, for actually asking support for me... And thanks Chris reactivating the SMTP server!
Would that also explain why I haven't gotten an activation email for the mods board? I registered yesterday and still haven't received the email! Should I have it resent a third time?
King Kovifor Wrote:Thank You cardude, for actually asking support for me... And thanks Chris reactivating the SMTP server!

No problem. Got my activation email for my test account this morning.
Pages: 1 2