MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using HTML in page to create a rule page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create a forum rules page using HTML by creating a locked thread in a forum. At the same time I want to disallow anybody using HTML in the forum.

Can it be done in MyBB?
ACP > Forums and Posts > Edit forum > Select "Display Rules for this forum on thread listings " in Forum Rule's options > and add your forum rule.

For HTML > Under Miscellaneous Options > UnticK "Yes, allow HTML in posts" option.
No .. but will registered users be able to use HTML in further postings? I don't want to allow html to them.
The idea is that I'll create a posting in html beautifully. Then I'll use url of this posting in forum rules at the same time disallowing anybody to use HTML on this forum where I've created this beautiful html rule page.
(2011-06-07, 08:18 AM)jmatts Wrote: [ -> ]No .. but will registered users be able to use HTML in further postings? I don't want to allow html to them.
The idea is that I'll create a posting in html beautifully. Then I'll use url of this posting in forum rules at the same time disallowing anybody to use HTML on this forum where I've created this beautiful html rule page.

What you can do, is create custom MyCodes for your html tags. Then you don't have to enable html and your users can also use the MyCodes as well.