MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Userpages for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Userpages is a very simple plugin for MyBB that allows your forum users to create a personal page that’s linked to their profile. In this page, they can add any content that they wish to display. You can optionally enable the use of HTML in these pages along with standard BBCode.

Userpages are edited via a separate page in the User CP and can be moderated by those you grant permission to do so via the Moderator Control Panel.

Userpages was created after seeing a request for such a plugin.

Screenshots

Screenshots can be seen either at the official mods site (once validated) or at the MyPureBB release post: http://www.mypurebb.com/1063-userpages-for-mybb/

Installing

Installation notes can also be found in the plugin's README file.
  • Upload the contents of the “Upload” folder to your MyBB root.
  • Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Plugins -> Install & Activate “Userpages for MyBB”
  • Configure your settings via ACP -> Configuration -> Userpage Settings
  • Configure your usergroup permissions from ACP -> Users & Groups ->
  • Usergroups. Select the usergroup that you wish to change permissions for, then click on the Users and Permissions tab and scroll to the Userpage Permissions section.

License

This theme is released under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.

Planned updates

I currently only have one new feature planned and that is to add HTML Purifier in order to check HTML if it's enabled to make sure no malicious code is entered.

Download

You can either download Userpages from the Mods DB - http://mods.mybb.com/view/userpages-for-mybb - or from the MyPureBB release post once again: http://www.mypurebb.com/1063-userpages-for-mybb/
Regarding Adsense ads for content and this plugin...

Are we able to allow members to post their own adsense ads on their own pages, so not only are they providing traffic for our own sites, but they also get something in return?

Does google allow different publishers to put ads on the same site?
That's one of the best idea of plugins I have seen. Can make thousands of things out of the idea... Very nice!
But are our members allowed to place any adsense or any ad-type coding in their own page, lets say one of their own banner ads, while I still have a footer and header ad of my own on all pages including thiers?

So their pages would have one of their ads, plus a couple of mine, are we allowed to do that as separate adsense publishers?

And if adsense doesn't allow that, what other ad-type service providers allow such a thing?

Thanks
Great work eauntor!
Nice, thanks
I'd love to see a better set out default style for the pages, like a formatted page option such as "Set x as default style" then enable people to make the changes in their own editor or something rather than just a blank page at first. Either way, great job! Smile
(2011-06-08, 10:04 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]But are our members allowed to place any adsense or any ad-type coding in their own page, lets say one of their own banner ads, while I still have a footer and header ad of my own on all pages including thiers?

So their pages would have one of their ads, plus a couple of mine, are we allowed to do that as separate adsense publishers?

And if adsense doesn't allow that, what other ad-type service providers allow such a thing?

Thanks

Anybody anybody, bueller?

Huh
(2011-06-09, 12:26 AM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-08, 10:04 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]But are our members allowed to place any adsense or any ad-type coding in their own page, lets say one of their own banner ads, while I still have a footer and header ad of my own on all pages including thiers?

Thanks

Anybody anybody, bueller?

Huh

as long as you allow HTMl and the parser does not strip out the script tag you should be able to do it. however, there is no HTML filter that limits potentially malicious code right now, and then it depends on Adsense rules and max number of ads on page, etc.
It would be neat though if we were allowed via adsense or other ad-type service providers.

Thanks Pavemen.

Anyone definatively know for sure though?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7