MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Failed to install plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,heres my problem

When i tried to install Shoutbox 2.2.0 (i have MyBB 1.6.3 and MySql 5.5) i get this error back

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8
Query:
    CREATE TABLE `mybb_lolidbshouts` ( `sid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `message` text NOT NULL, `dateline` bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', `ipaddress` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`sid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM 

Ive searched but cant seem to find a solution without headbanging since im a beginner at this
Try a different shoutbox.
(2011-06-07, 06:28 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different shoutbox.

I tried AJAX Shoutbox but that didnt work at all >.>
dunno others

Tried SpiceFuse Shoutbox also...same error o.o
Which shoutbox are you actually trying? MyShoutbox is by far the best one in my opinion.
(2011-06-07, 06:33 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Which shoutbox are you actually trying? MyShoutbox is by far the best one in my opinion.

The official MyBB Shoutbox plugin....i want to use that

Also i want to solve the 1064 error,not to try another shoutbox,since it might happen with other plugins aswell......
(2011-06-07, 06:35 PM)Lolicore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-07, 06:33 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Which shoutbox are you actually trying? MyShoutbox is by far the best one in my opinion.

The official MyBB Shoutbox plugin....i want to use that

Also i want to solve the 1064 error,not to try another shoutbox,since it might happen with other plugins aswell......
There is no official shoutbox.
In the file for the plugin, find all occurrences of TYPE=MyISAM and change them to ENGINE=MyISAM
Open shoutbox plugin file and Change TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM . You've to edit/change it where ever TYPE=MyISAM is used.

Edit: Slow Typer Blush
(2011-06-07, 06:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]In the file for the plugin, find all occurrences of TYPE=MyISAM and change them to ENGINE=MyISAM

OH GOD,such a simple solution,why didnt i think of that XD
Thanks x3