MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto-Subscribe to Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, thanks for all the help so far. My board is almost where I want it.

We have a ranking structure where after a certain rank they can be subscribed to a private forum. I'd like to make it so that when we change their usergroup to X they are auto-subscribed to usergroup X and not just a member of.

How can I do this?
This is all good and all, except the promotions aren't part of any of the criteria set up in the plug in.

What I need is that when we promote someone from User Group 11 (Lieutenant) to Group 12 (Captain) he is auto-subscribed to the Captain's private forum. The promotion is a manual process as we have a lot of criteria that must be met first.
(2011-06-07, 08:05 PM)db phantom cm Wrote: [ -> ]This is all good and all, except the promotions aren't part of any of the criteria set up in the plug in.

What I need is that when we promote someone from User Group 11 (Lieutenant) to Group 12 (Captain) he is auto-subscribed to the Captain's private forum. The promotion is a manual process as we have a lot of criteria that must be met first.

Well, I don't think it is possible, which kind f criteria do you run?
It's a clan set criteria we've set down in our Rank and promotions documents. It's not just simple time in. That's why I'm looking for when we change their primary usergroup to auto-subscribe to the forums for their rank.

If it can't be done (easily) inside the code, I'll just automate it with a SQL script. Smile
There users that know more that I do, hope some help you Smile