MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which website idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I have two website ideas I want to make but I want to know what you guys think is the better decision..

1 - I was thinking about a skateboarding/skating related site. I LOVE to skateboard and skate, but I'm not... super savy with all the super technical stuff about it and I wouldn't be 100% sure where to advertise for it, how to set up the forums nicely. BUT I do have an awesome skateboarder-tech friend willing to help me out with the site a bit.

2 - A console specific site. A site dedicated to the PS Vita. I was thinking this is a good idea, because IMO the PS Vita will be extremely popular and if I get into a PS Vita forum early it'll be really popular by the time it comes out. BUT I already have a general console forum with a PS Vita forum, so I'm not sure if spending the money on a domain just for one console is a good idea.

So... what do you guys think is a better idea, going with the site I'm very comfortable with, but sorta un-needed. Or going with a site I'm not comfortable with, but would be an awesome learning experience Toungue
I like #2 personally but if you're going to do it better start now.
(2011-06-08, 03:04 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I like #2 personally but if you're going to do it better start now.

I do too. And I know that if I want to do #2 I need to start ASAP. But I'm just not sure weather or not it'd be a "waste of money" to buy a domain for a site on one console when I already have a general console site that I can easily expand for the PS Vita.
If you can get a good quality domain for #2, I'd go for it. I've seen sites like that become pretty large extremely quickly if the right amount of effort is put in (eg: decent [possibly custom] theme, big push on advertising, plenty of exclusive content). Plus, I'd sign up to #2 if you did go ahead Toungue I'm possibly a bit bias then haha
A name for the second one: PS<snip>. .org and .net are available, but .com isn't.
@Tierney: it's PS Vita Wink Either way, .com (and all other major ones) is taken.
(2011-06-08, 04:37 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@Tierney: it's PS Vita Wink Either way, .com (and all other major ones) is taken.

I know. The domain I suggested is a play on the name of the system. Wink
Ooooh. That went right over my head Wink
PM'd you a decent name.
Alright thanks guys, seems like every one really likes the idea of a PsV site so I'll do that. I just need a decent domain name now. I like Tiernys idea for the domain I might use that Toungue
Pages: 1 2