MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: register before viewing the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i have a question can i make a forum in way that users have to register before they can view any part of the forum if it it possible then i will like to know

thank you
Would it be to go to Admin CP > Manage Forums > Permissions >

Then under guests/not logged in uncheck "View Forum" .

me thinks this is what it is.
oh cool so it will give the message please register in order to view the forum
nice
There is also something in the settings of the board which also hide these forum, not only disallow users from accessing them.

in Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Forum Home Options > Hide Private Forums?

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:There is also something in the settings of the board which also hide these forum, not only disallow users from accessing them.

in Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Forum Home Options > Hide Private Forums?

regards

That only hides forums that you do not have permission to (from forum permissions). If you disable their "Can View Board" permission in their usergroup they will not be able to see ANY part of the board.

So if you want to hide all forums with zaher's method, you must edit the forum permissions of each category on your forum and disable the "Can View Board" permission for the Unregistered usergroup (permissions are inherited for the forums in each category).
Yeah that's what i meant it is an addition to what was explained the previous posts Big Grin