MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PostLoop - Great for Both Forum Posters AND Forum Owners!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: pl-120x120-01.gif]

I'm just here informing you. If you already knew about this, good for you. If there's already a thread for this, I'll close mine.

There's this new posting program that started up - it's called PostLoop!

Are you in need of more cash or posts for your forum? This is the perfect place for you! Forum posters can earn up to $.05 a post and there's a whole variety of forums to choose from to post in!

Here's how it works:

Forum owners use points to add their forum to the forum list. Forum posters post on the forum (after subscribing to it; can subscribe to unlimited forums!) and then it shows up in their dashboard. Fully automated! No hassle! Forum owners can get posts easily and forum posters can get money easily!!

For forum posters, the more you post, the more points you can get per post! The more points you get, the more $$$ you get per post!!

This is a great program! Get started today!

If you don't mind, use my referral link. (It won't hurt you, will it? Toungue)

[Image: pl-120x120-01.gif]

Thanks!
Umm, there is another post about it somewhere.
It's mostly filled with people who have a ton of time on their hands and just want money. Doesn't really add much to your site. I used it for a little while but it's not that great imo.
Here are the comments that you gave to your posters.

[attachment=23043]

What did you not like about it? Huh
Man it's scary how many company owners pop up on this site.

I use Postloop myself, lately I've been wondering whether it's really worth continuing. I could save up my points and buy something, or I could use them to benefit my forum. Problem it's rare to have a member stay on your site once the points run out, and to have a member stay is what every good admin wants.
Great posters - short lived, good content though
Good posters - lots of posts but mostly one-liners

The thing that really turned me away was that after putting in $10 for points since I'm too lazy to go post on other forums, that it was quickly eaten up by one person. My fault I guess, but nonetheless I'd rather stick to finding interested members than doing post exchanges.
(2011-06-10, 01:00 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Problem it's rare to have a member stay on your site once the points run out, and to have a member stay is what every good admin wants.

No doubt about it. When it all boils down to it, Postloop is a glorified post exchange/paid posting service, and it's no different from a traditional exchange or paid posting service in many regards. They typically only last as long as you contribute to them. If you stop exchanging posts or purchasing posts, the posts will likely stop coming. There are a few occasions when you'll get a member from one of these services that sticks around or even becomes staff, but it's rare.

Any post exchange or paid posting campaign should only be used as a supplement to existing posts or activity. It shouldn't be the main driver of your forums.

(2011-06-10, 01:02 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that really turned me away was that after putting in $10 for points since I'm too lazy to go post on other forums, that it was quickly eaten up by one person.

You always had the ability to revoke (remove) his subscription from your forum if you felt like he wasn't contributing...but you sure did give him a high quality rating Wink
(2011-06-10, 01:10 AM)Ryan R Wrote: [ -> ]You always had the ability to revoke (remove) his subscription from your forum if you felt like he wasn't contributing...

I simply stopped putting money in after that. Besides, removing his subscription after the fact would do nothing for me, other than make me look like a cheap raisin.

Quote:but you sure did give him a high quality rating Wink

At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, as I did in this case. My main issue is that the money I put into the system was eaten by one user and one user only. It's impossible to stay on top because of how many people out there want to make a quick buck. If users that didn't have their own forums weren't allowed in, and board owners who understood the value of good posts, perhaps things would work better. That was the appealing part to me, that other webmasters could contribute a little bit to my forum. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
(2011-06-10, 03:46 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]My main issue is that the money I put into the system was eaten by one user and one user only.

He made 60% of the 250 posts that you received...It's a lot, yes, but you also received 4 other posters who made 15+ posts each.

(2011-06-10, 03:46 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's impossible to stay on top because of how many people out there want to make a quick buck. If users that didn't have their own forums weren't allowed in, and board owners who understood the value of good posts, perhaps things would work better.

The posts from this one particular user were made over a week's time. They were spread out, so it should have been fairly easy to stay on top of.

We had issues with post quality back in March/April, but that is resolved for the most part now. We've actually found that our forum owners, on average, make lower quality posts than our paid posters. Our paid posters are required to maintain a very high level of posting in order to stay on board, and their post quality is therefore very important to them.
I think I would use PostLoop a lot more often if the ability to make money was removed. I think this would separate the 12 year olds trying to make a few cents from the owners who are actually trying to be constructive.
Pages: 1 2