MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logon / Logoff malfunctions all of a sudden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Board,

I have a copy of version 1.6 of this fabulous forum software running for a closed group of irl friends on invition only base. Problem is that nobody is able to logon or logoff since a short while. This problem raised all of a sudden, I don't recall any changes in the configuration of the board which causes this behaviour to happen.
  • Cookie settings set to .forum.runick.nl, cookie path = / and prefix is empy
  • Coppermine installed, but the bridge feature is disabled
  • I did some tweaking to the settings.php file last weekend which fixed the problem for a short while, only to make it return once more

I'm a bit lost. Please provide me with a fix for this problem as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for all replies to this topic!

- Bas
For the cookie settings try this as your cookie path: forum.runick.nl or .runick.nl
You should clear your cookies before trying again.

If you make changes to settings.php, you also need to make the changes to your settings in ACP because otherwise your changes to settings.php will be overwritten the next time you save settings via ACP
Unfortunately that did not work. Furthermore, I am unable to modify the board through the ACP as my cookies are not ok.
Follow these instructions thoroughly:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html